Netflix is one of the first streaming service provider in the world. The Netflix offers vast number of diversified video content to its subscribers and users on different platform and devices. As of now Netflix can be stream on Smartphones,PC/Laptops,TVs and gaming consoles. As of now Netflix is operated in 190 countries in the world.
You can’t compare Netflix with Youtube because Youtube has totally free data but doesn’t offers premium data for free without permission. Netflix is a totally premium service with free trial for 30 days. Few days back, Amazon launched its Amazon Prime Videos which is completely the same as Netflix and offering the same free trial period.
Here i have created a list of some of the mind boggling stats of Netflix which can amaze you. So without wasting time let’s have a look at them.
- Netflix was founded in 1997 (19 Years Ago) by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph.
- Netflix launched its digital distribution in 1999.
- Company started its IPO(Initial Public Offering) in 2002.
- Netflix introduces concept of monthly subscription in 1999 which we have seen commonly nowadays.
- In 2000, Netflix rejected the $50 dollar offered by Blockbuster for acquisition.
- As of now,Netflix got 93 million subscribers in the world.
- Netflix has 44 million International subscribers and 49 million US subscribers.
- 45% of Netflix subscribers are from outside America.
- 42.5 Bn hours are watched on Netflix in 2015.
- 10 Bn hours per month that users spend on Netflix watching videos.
- 100 Mn hours per day watching on Netflix.
Netflix Key Data & Market Situation:
- In 2016, Netflix has annual revenue of $8.83 billion which was double the income in 2015.
- Netflix’s net income in 2016 was $187 million.
- Netflix got 76% ratings in customer satisfaction board.
Netflix is now growing day by and it needed more dedicated operators to its backend. So,as of now there are 3500 employees working on the Netflix.
As you can see the graph of revenue is going up and up with the months. As the technology and Internet is going in everyone’s hand. The demand of online stuff is also increasing. Hence,the result of this got benefited in Netflix also.
Below is percentage of visitors comes to Netflix. The data is collected from Alexa. As you can see that Approx 49% users of Netflix are from America.
Netflix Awards and Recognitions:
- Netflix have 45 Emmy Awards Nominations.
- There are 2 Academy Award Nominations.
- Netflix have 10 Golden Globe Nominations.
- As of Now,Netflix is serving in 160 countries in the world.
How many countries have Netflix?
There are 160 countries in the world Netflix serving as of Now.
How many people are subscribed to Netflix?
As of January 2017,Netflix have over 93 million subscribers worldwide.
Read More: Youtube Pay Rate