Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is one of the best phones under Rs.10000 (148.181 US Dollar) with excellent battery life and excellent camera.Right after the launch,the phone becomes best selling smartphone of the year 2016.But the time has got its own demands over the time and the phone is still running on Android Lollipop v5.1 which is now become a bit old. It’s time to change with latest Android update.
Today we come up with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Android Nougat update via CyanogenMod [official] CM 14.1 custom ROM.officially the company does not announced any update for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 but if you want some flavour over the new software update then you can go with it.
The List of Files Which is needed before we can install Android Nougat Update:
Things to remember before installing Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3-
- Make sure the smartphone is rooted before going forward for CyanogenMod 14.1 (Custom ROM) installation.
- Backup all your important data and files before Installation.
- USB Driver Should be installed before connecting device with the PC.
- The smartphone should have at least 80% battery backup.
How to Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3-
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod [official] CM 14.1 custom ROM and Google Apps in to your PC.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer
- Place the Android Nougat CyanogenMod [official] CM v14.1 ROM into the phone’s storage root memory.
- Turn off the device and disconnect it from your PC.
- Now long press Volume (Down) + Power buttons for Perform Recovery mode.
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and tap ‘Install’ by the selecting .Zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Installing Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3-
- Custom ROM improve the device’s performance
- You will get new and fresh UI.
- It makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Quickview –
|OS||Android v5.1 (Lollipop)|
|Display||5.5 inches Full HD IPS LCD(401 ppi)|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Quad Core+ 1.2 GHz Quad Core,Snapdragon 650 MSM8956|
|Camera||16 MP main, 5 MP front|
|Storage||32 GB (32 GB expandable)|
|Battery||4500 mAh Li-Poly|
|Features||Quick Charging,Fingerprint Sensor,NFC,4G|